Friday, June 20, 2008

Bunny Money

On the way to the orphanage on Wednesday, I was sitting in the front of the van with Leah since she seems to get carsick. Molly was in the back. Leah's backpack had ended up in the back, and I thought the stuffed bunny that we had given her on Gotcha Day would help her go to sleep in the car (wishful thinking, incidentally).

I asked Molly, "Do you have the bunny?" only she thought I said, "Do you have the money?". This got her attention because we had to bring a significant amount to the orphanage.

I couldn't figure out why Molly looked so frantic about a stuffed animal, and Molly couldn't understand why I was so nonchalant about losing our money.

We've always said that communication is the cornerstone of our marriage...

1 comment:

Janie said...

I cannot tell you how much we look forward to reading about your journey !!! The Lord will surely bless your little family and it is a pleasure to be an on-looker !!! You probably already have resources lined up for when you get home, but I noticed in the Statesman Journal the other day that two young ladies from China have enrolled in Willamette University, just FYI. Stay safe, I know you'll be happy. Your trip and your family are covered in prayer.
Love,
Janie