Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shaolin Temple

Today we had breakfast in the hotel and then drove about an hour and a half to the Shaolin Temple, southwest of Zhengzhou. We rode a cable car up the mountain, and it would have been beautiful if not for all the smog. We watched a show and now the boys have been practicing their kung fu moves.

We stopped for a late lunch after leaving the monastary. In the middle of eating, Molly suddenly spied an American family with a little Chinese boy walking by. Wen Ling caught up with them, and we got to talk to them for about 20 minutes. They were from Georgia, and they had gotten Daniel, who was five years old, four days ago. They were leaving for Guangzhou on Monday. It was fun to compare notes; they were great people and we had a lot in common in our adoption stories.

The boys and Ling Jia swam in the pool tonight. It's really nice, and we may spend some time there tomorrow while we wait for 4:30 to come around.

Tonight we talked to Candy for a bit in preparation for Gotcha Day tomorrow. The plan, as it stands now, is us to meet Leah in the lobby of the hotel since our room is so small. We'll have 10 people around, counting Leah, and there's no way we'd all fit in our room. We may either talk to the orphange workers (there are supposed to be two coming) in the lobby, or come upstairs. One thing we're learning through this process it to be flexible.

We are excited and nervous and I don't what else. I hope we can sleep tonight.









































2 comments:

Janie said...

WOW...I feel like I hit the jackpot with so many events to read about and so many pictures to view! It's as if I was taking the trip with you and I cannot wait to share it all with Mel. You know that the whole Trump family is praying for a happy and safe journey and you have out love !!
Janie

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for posting them! What an amazing experience for you guys, not only visiting a new place but to also add an addition to your family!
I am so excited for you for tomorrow!
God, I pray for the Cotter family right now. I pray you continue to fill them with peace and help them to get an amazing nights sleep tonight. I pray for Leah too, give her your amazing, flawless peace as well. I pray that the transition feel as a "normal" thing not awkward or uncomfortable in any way. I pray against fear and anxiety for both Leah and the Cotter's. I ask, God, for you to be in control and the transition go smoothly.
In Jesus name Amen!! ;o)
Love you guys!