Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shopping for girl clothes

My day was made before I even got out of bed when I woke up to my little Chinese daughter patting my face. When I opened my eyes, she smiled and put her arms around my neck. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Molly didn’t bring many clothes for Leah, since we didn’t know how big she was, so today we went shopping for clothes and another suitcase.

Before we left, I sorted out all the money we exchanged yesterday. Anyone familiar with how much US cash you have to take when you adopt can imagine the size and number of stacks of Chinese yuan at an exchange rate of about 7 to 1.

Mr. Lee, who is our driver while we are here, was great as always, bargaining for us and carrying our things. We went to a great store called “Dennis” that was several floors, one of which was just like a US grocery store. We bought some bread, water, and orange juice - it would have been a good store to hit right after we got here.

Leah is becoming more and more outgoing by the hour. She's been trying to say "Logan," and tonight I told her,"Take your coat to Mommy," and she did. She is very liberal with her hugs and kisses.

She's doing great with going potty, although tonight she was playing in the hall with the boys and Ling Jia and apparently decided she needed to go, so down came her shorts. Fortunately, Molly was able to scoop her up and get her to the bathroom in time.

Photos from today:



























































The center of Zhengzhou:
















Watching ESPN:


















Making peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches in the bathroom:





















































We also have a bathroom full of (clean) underwear, that doesn't seem to be drying any too quickly...

No comments: